Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Cooking Light Oct 2009
Make and share this Ham and Cheese Corn Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 212.62 g all-purpose flour (about 1 2/3 cups)
- 236.59 ml yellow cornmeal
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 6.16 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 0.59 ml ground red pepper
- 295.73 ml low-fat buttermilk
- 118.29 ml egg substitute
- 44.37 ml canola oil
- 177.44 ml reduced-fat shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 118.29 ml finely chopped green onion (about 1 bunch)
- 118.29 ml frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 78.07 ml diced lean ham
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 5 ingredients (through pepper) in a medium bowl; stir with a whisk.
- Make a well in center of mixture. Combine buttermilk, egg substitute, and oil; add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist. Fold in cheese, green onions, corn, and diced ham.
- Spoon batter into 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 23 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove muffins from pan; place on a wire rack.