Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Cooking Light Oct 2009
- 7 1⁄2 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1 2/3 cups)
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 1⁄4 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3⁄4 cup reduced-fat shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped green onion (about 1 bunch)
- 1⁄2 cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1⁄3 cup diced lean ham
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 5 ingredients (through pepper) in a medium bowl; stir with a whisk.
- Make a well in center of mixture. Combine buttermilk, egg substitute, and oil; add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist. Fold in cheese, green onions, corn, and diced ham.
- Spoon batter into 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 23 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove muffins from pan; place on a wire rack.