Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this recipe on the southern food website last Christmas when looking for new ways to use leftover ham. It is a comforting casserole that is a bit different from all the other ham casseroles I have tried. I serve it with biscuits and coleslaw.
- 2 cups chopped cooked ham
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen broccoli
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup or 1 can cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder, additional
- Combine all ingredients except bread crumbs, butter, and additional garlic powder.
- Place in a 11x7 pan.
- Now combine bread crumbs,butter, and additional garlic.
- Sprinkle over top of ham mixture.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour, or until browned and bubbly.
I made this recipe exactly as posted. Would not change a thing. Great recipe to take to pot lucks or serve at a buffet type meal.
We enjoyed this tonight as creamy comfort food. I used cooked brown rice, 2% cheese, low fat soup, and fat free sour cream. To try to cut the fat back a little more I put the crumbs/garlic powder on the top dry. I then sprayed the top with light butter spray a few times to moisten it. Worked just fine. This was tasty and creamy and used up the last of my frozen bags of ham!
Sorry the family was not impressed.