This recipe comes from the very popular Company's Coming cookbook series.
Make and share this Halloween Caramel Apples recipe from Food.com.
- Wash,dry and polish apples.
- Remove stems and insert wooden sticks.
- Remove blossoms.
- Put milk, syrup and sugar into heavy saucepan.
- Heat and stir to dissolve sugar.
- Boil, stirring continually, until thermometer reaches soft ball stage- 240 degrees, or until a bit dropped into ice water forms a soft ball that will flatten easily.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in butter and vanilla.
- Dip apples to coat, holding over saucepan to drain.
- Place saucepan over heat to thin as needed.
- Place apples stick side up, on greased pan or tray.
- Makes 8-10 caramel apples.