Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love goofing off in my kitchen and coming up with new cookie recipes. This happens to be one of my favorite concoctions.
- 314.66 ml self rising flour
- 236.59 ml white sugar
- 29.58 ml light brown sugar (not necessary to pack)
- 59.14 ml dark cocoa
- 118.29 ml margarine or 118.29 ml butter, melted
- 44.37 ml vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 118.29 ml flaked coconut (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325º.
- Blend dry stuff together well, then add in margarine, vanilla, and egg.
- Stir well, then mix in coconut if using it.
- Drop by teaspoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet, and bake for ten minutes (you want the tops to come out a bit gooey).
- Cool and enjoy!
Lovely, delicious chocolate cookies, crispy on the edges and a little soft in the middle. I skipped the coconut and added some chocolate chips instead. The dough for this is very easy to work with, I rolled it into little balls the size of chocolates (the dough was very dark and glossy so they looked a little like chocolates too) and baked for about 9 minutes each. I got 3 pans of 16 cookies each. Yummy, thanks for posting.