Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
Beans absorb some of the delicious broth. For a special dinner, serve in shallow rimmed bowls and top each serving with a fresh rosemary sprig. From Cooking Light 2007....
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 (6 ounce) halibut fillets
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups plum tomatoes, chopped (about 4)
- 1 1⁄2 cups reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 (16 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle fish evenly with salt and pepper. Add fish to pan; cook 5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness. Remove fish from pan; keep warm. Add garlic to pan; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Stir in tomato, broth, wine, and beans; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in rosemary.
- Serve immediately.