Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is great severed over rice and with a salad on the side.
- 1 lb halibut
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1 cup diagonally sliced green onion
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel or 1 teaspoon lime peel
- Cut halibut into 1-inch cubes.
- Season halibut with salt and pepper.
- Saute halibut chunks in 2 tablespoons oil barely cooked.
- Remove from skillet and reserve.
- Saute vegetables in remaining oil until crisp-tender.
- Return halibut to skillet and add ground ginger.
- Combine chicken broth, cornstarch, and lemon peel; add to halibut mixture.
- Cook and stir until thickened and halibut chunks will flake with a fork.
A very nice recipe! The only thing I did differently was added some additional chicken broth to sautéed veggies because I wanted my carrots more done and covered pan. Then I added halibut in for final cooking, and remaining ingredients. Thanks Vicki. Made for Spring PAC 2013.