Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is one of my adopted recipes and I have not tried it myself. I have made adjustments in the recipe according to suggestions of cooks who have tried it!!
- 2 lbs beef, Ground
- 1 1⁄2 cups celery, Chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, Chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 1⁄4 cups water
- 2 cups noodles, Uncooked
- 1 cup American cheese, Diced
- 1 cup ripe olives, Sliced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Brown meat in electric skillet or large frying-pan. Drain.
- Add celery and onion; cover and cook slowly 10 minutes.
- Add tomato paste, water, noodles, cheese, olives, salt and pepper; stir to combine.
- Cook slowly until noodles are tender, about 30 minutes.
- This is just as good on the second day.
I liked it..I also did something different, I browned the onion/celery first in Olive oil and added meat later. I also drained the excess grease. I added some kick with cut up jalapenos..just a few. good recipee and easy to make thanks
Good base recipe but I made some modifications. First, I omitted the oil. I also drained the grease which isn't mentioned. I used meunster cheese instead of American and I also added a little water and a package of taco seasoning mix. Turned out like enchilada Hamburger Helper, yum! My kids loved it! Thanks!