Red Snapper Veracruz Skillet
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 25mins
- Marinate fillets in refrigerator in the lime juice and salt for 2 hours.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and add oil. Heat to medium-high.
- Saute onion until tender. Add tomato, red pepper, and jalapeno pepper.
- Cover and cook 7 minutes; stir occasionally.
- Remove fillets from marinade and arrange over mixture in skillet. Discard marinade.
- Cover and cook 6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily.
- Remove fillets and keep warm. Continue cooking tomato mixture uncovered until any excess liquid evaporates.
- Serve with lime slices if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
That's my two sons with me. I love this site! The creativity with food is amazing and inspiring. My whole family loves to watch FoodTv. Alton Brown and Guy Fieri are two favorites. My style of cooking is kind of a mixture of comfort food, quick and easy, and more complicated and elegant. <a href="http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b161/tisht/?action=view¤t=tish1.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b161/tisht/tish1.jpg" border="0" alt="Recipezaar Challenge 2008"></a> <img src="http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b2/kiwidutch/my3chefs2009final-1.jpg"> <img src="http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Ingredients/BANNERS/FNChallengeSTKR.jpg">