This came from The Healthy Heart Cookbook.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup no-salt-added chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3⁄4 cup couscous, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- Combine chicken broth, basil and garlic in medium saucepan, stirring well; bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Add couscous, cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff couscous with a fork.
- Combine vinegar, olive oil, pepper and salt in a small bowl, stirring with a wire whisk. Add vinegar mixture and tomato to couscous, tossing well.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I just LOVED this! I halved the recipe which worked fine and served it along side a pepper seared salmon. A perfect match! I will be making this again for sure and it will be a good side dish to many types of main dishes. The flavours are there but do not overpower, I especially love the wine vinegar, and the garlic and the tomoatoes - heck - I liked it all!Reply
see 5 more