Recipe by catercow
Usually pot pies have too much fat for the health conscience eater. However, this recipe is a creative way to enjoy pot pie without the guilt!
- 2 1⁄4 cups fat free chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 3⁄4 cups fat-free evaporated milk
- 3 cups cooked turkey, chopped (or chicken)
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, snipped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- 3 sheets phyllo dough
- nonstick cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, combine 2 cups of the broth, the celery, onions and carrots. Bring to a boil on medium-high heat. Reduce hear to low, cover and simmer until veggies are tender (about 5 minutes).
- In a small bowl, stir together the remaining 1/4 cup of broth and cornstarch until smooth. Slowly stir this mix into the veggie mix. Add the milk.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until it boils. Reduce the heat and cook and stir for one more minute.
- Stir in the turkey, peas, parsley and sage. Transfer the mix into a 2-quart shallow baking dish.
- Lay one sheet of the phyllo dough on top of the turkey mix. Spray the dough with nonstick spray.
- Repeat layering and spraying the dough twice more. Fold the edges of the dough and tuck them inside the dish.
- Bake at 350 until the crust is golden brown, 35-40 minutes.