If you like a soft chocolate chip cookie with just enough sweetness to satisfy, then this cookie is for you. This cookie is filled with mini chocolate chips, oats, whole wheat pastry flour, agave nectar and Greek yogurt, which provides nutrition for a guilt free indulgence. So, go ahead and enjoy for an afternoon snack or anytime!
- 1⁄3 cup old fashioned oats
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1⁄2 baking soda
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened dried shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons fat free Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar or 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the oats, flour, baking soda, coconut, cinnamon and chips.
- In a small bowl, whisk together yogurt, agave nectar, applesauce, and vanilla extract.
- Make a well in the center of the dry mixture and pour in the wet mixture. Fold in just until mixed, do not over mix.
- Take a small 1-inch ice cream scoop or a teaspoon and drop the balls on a cookie sheet about 1-inch apart. Flatten the balls with the back of a fork. Bake for 10 minutes or till the tops are lightly brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 1 minute and transfer to cooling rack. Makes 20 cookies.
Made a double batch of these to include in a park-wide cookie tasting & selling event, & they were a big success, with people commenting on them being made with the whole wheat flour! Of course, I'm a chocoholic, so that part was great, too! Many thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's round of Pick A Chef]