1/1 Photo of Guatemala'n Ceviche!!!!!
24 hrs 30 mins
JJ Montoya's Note:
hello, i'm a big fant of this site...this is my first contribution. Here in Guatemala we have fnatastic sea food. This is a very easy ceviche recipe. Hope you like it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large tomatoes, diced
- 2 lbs medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 bunch cilantro, diced (fresh coriander)
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 12 lemons, squeezed
- 8 tablespoons ketchup, secret ingredient (yes, ketchup!!!)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (i add 2 teaspoons But its up to you!)
- salt and pepper (how much...up to you!)
- 1Blanche shrimp in boiling water for 5 minutes, then shock in ice cold water. Strain when cooled.
- 2Add shrimps to the a bowl.
- 3Add lemon juice and marinate for 2 hours.
- 4Add salt, pepper, Ketchup,Worcestershire sauce, onion, tomatoes, chilies and cilantro, marinate for 2 more hours.
- 5Remember to always refrigerate when your marinating!
- 6Serve with some nice crackers -- .
Nutritional Facts for Guatemala'n Ceviche!!!!!
Serving Size: 1 (435 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 238.1
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 286.4 mg
- Sodium 1648.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 13.1 g
- Protein 33.5 g