Recipe by JJ Montoya
hello, i'm a big fant of this site...this is my first contribution. Here in Guatemala we have fnatastic sea food. This is a very easy ceviche recipe. Hope you like it!
- 4 large tomatoes, diced
- 2 lbs medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 bunch cilantro, diced (fresh coriander)
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 12 lemons, squeezed
- 8 tablespoons ketchup, secret ingredient (yes, ketchup!!!)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (i add 2 teaspoons But its up to you!)
- salt and pepper (how much...up to you!)
Directions See How It's Made
- Blanche shrimp in boiling water for 5 minutes, then shock in ice cold water. Strain when cooled.
- Add shrimps to the a bowl.
- Add lemon juice and marinate for 2 hours.
- Add salt, pepper, Ketchup,Worcestershire sauce, onion, tomatoes, chilies and cilantro, marinate for 2 more hours.
- Remember to always refrigerate when your marinating!
- Serve with some nice crackers -- .