1/2 Photos of Guadalajaran Swiss Chard Quesadillas
WI Cheesehead's Note:
There is a Guadelajaran Quesadilla recipe on here, also from Vegetarian Times, that uses spinach and ingredients are different. So I thought I'd post this one too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in pot over medium heat; add onion and saute 5 minutes, until golden.
- 2Stir in garlic, chile, cumin and oregano, and saute 2 minutes.
- 3Add tequila and simmer 1 minute, or until liquid has evaporated.
- 4Stir in chard; cover; reduce heat to medium low, and steam 5 minutes, or until chard wilts.
- 5Uncover, and cook 3 minutes or until liquid has evaporated.
- 6Place 1 tortilla in skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle with 1/4 C cheese; top with chard mixture and second tortilla.
- 7Cook 2 minutes per side, or until browned. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- 8Slice into wedges and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Guadalajaran Swiss Chard Quesadillas
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 193.5
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 205.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 4.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
light monterey jack cheese