Recipe by funthymecookin'
This is a recipe that I adapted from a few other tortilla casseroles and it is a quick & easy tummy satisfier!
Top Review by food bee
This dish was easy to prepare and quite tasty. We like our food spicy so I added two diced jalapenos and a heavy shake of red pepper flakes. My fiancee is not a sour-cream person so I cubed an 8 oz. container of cream cheese and used that instead (which tasted great!) but I will make the cubes smaller next time. Also, instead of plain tortillas I used green chile tortillas, and instead of plain salsa I used a tequila lime salsa. Will definitely make this one again!
- 6 flour tortillas (medium)
- 453.59 g ground turkey
- 1 onion
- 453.59 g can black beans
- 35.43 g packet taco seasoning
- 226.79 g sour cream
- 177.44 ml salsa
- 473.18 ml cheddar cheese (shredded)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown turkey and small onion until meat is completely done.
- Add taco seasoning packet and follow directions for cooking on back.
- Spray non-stick casserole dish (9x9) with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cut flour tortillas into bite size pieces and layer 1/2 of tortillas on bottom of casserole dish.
- Add 1/2 of the cheese, sour cream, salsa and black beans.
- Start with the remaining tortillas and repeat layering.
- You may top with extra cheese or salsa if preferred. Other options include: corn, red pepper, green pepper, jalapenos, or any other ingredient.
- ***play with ingredients, if you like more sour cream, simply add more, if you like less, add less. Don't be afraid to test different options.
- Bake at 350 until all cheese is melted and everything is heated thoroughly (usually about 30-40 minutes). You may wish to cover the dish with foil to prevent overbaking the top -- then removing it for the last 5-10 minutes.