Recipe by COOKGIRl
Printed in our local newspaper. Serve with a tossed salad that includes seasonal ingredients, and baked potato for an easy fall/winter meal. A little bit different route taken from the standard ketchup-covered meatloaf recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey
- 1⁄4 cup yellow onion, minced
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, peeled and grated
- 1⁄4 cup celery & leaves, minced
- 1 cup dried whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted turkey stock or 1⁄2 cup unsalted chicken stock
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 large egg, beaten lightly
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup cranberry sauce, at ROOM TEMPERATURE (canned or homemade preferably-read *NOTE)
- fresh sage leaf (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- *NOTE: If using canned cranberry sauce, drain first.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl combine all ingredients *except* for the cranberry sauce and sage leaves. Do not overmix.
- Lightly oil or spray a 9"x5" loaf pan. Turn the meat mixture into the prepared pan and gently pat down.
- Bake the mixture until the loaf is firm and top is lightly browned, approximately 1 hour.
- Remove pan from oven and spread the cranberry sauce on top of the meatloaf. Let stand in the pan for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Remove meatloaf from pan and transfer to serving platter. Garnish with a few sage leaves.