1/2 Photos of Ground Beef Pepperoni Pizza Casserole
This is delicious! The complete casserole (with the crust on) can be prepared up to a day in advance and refrigerated until ready to bake. I used mozzeralla slices for this in place of shredded mozzeralla... add in any of your other favorites also.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- seasoning salt (can use table salt)
- 2 cups favorite pizza sauce
- 1/4 lb pepperoni, chopped (can use more)
- 1/2-1 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- 1 cup canned mushroom, drained
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 3 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 8 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 1Set oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- 3In a large skillet cook ground beef with onion, garlic and green pepper until meat is no longer pink; drain fat.
- 4Add in 3 tablespoons (or more) grated Parmesan cheese; stir to combine.
- 5Add in pizza sauce, chopped pepperoni, herb seasoning and mushrooms; mix to combine and bring to a simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 6Meanwhile in another bowl combine milk, oil and eggs; beat for 2 minutes with an electric mixer.
- 7Stir in flour, salt and cayenne; mix to combine; set aside.
- 8Spoon the ground beef mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- 9Sprinkle grated mozzeralla cheese on top.
- 10Sprinkle with chopped bacon.
- 11Pour the batter over cheese, spreading evenly to cover completely.
- 12Sprinkle with 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
- 13Up to this point you can cover and refrigerate until ready to bake.
- 14Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ground Beef Pepperoni Pizza Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (317 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 746.1
- Calories from Fat 417
- Total Fat 46.4 g
- Saturated Fat 20.1 g
- Cholesterol 206.7 mg
- Sodium 1536.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 48.0 g