- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 cups noodles, uncooked
- 3 cups V8 vegetable juice or 3 cups tomato juice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon celery salt (optional)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces
- 1 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large frying pan or Ducth oven saute onion in butter until tender then add meat, brown lightly.
- Place noodles in a layer over meat.
- Combine tomato juice and seasonings and pour over noodles.
- Bring to a boil then cover.
- Simmer over low heat 30 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Stir in sour cream and mushrooms and bring to a boil.
- Serve hot.