Recipe by Shannon Holmes
This is like the one I used to buy at Ukrops.
Top Review by CeeGee
Wow, this is fabulous! I made a few changes to suit my personal tastes and it was still an absolute winner. My changes included: using ciabatta bread, using portabella mushrooms, and omitting the black olives. I also made a different sauce by heating red pepper flakes in olive oil, draining, and then mixing with prepared ranch dressing. The best word for these paninis is YUMMY!
- 3 -4 slices havarti with dill
- 2 slices square sourdough bread
- 2 slices white mushrooms
- 2 slices onions
- 3 slices tomatoes, remove the seeds
- 3 slices zucchini or 3 slices cucumbers, remove the seeds
- 1 -2 leaf red leaf lettuce, washed and dried
- 5 -6 sliced black olives
- 1 -2 teaspoon horseradish (I use Helluva Good)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard or 1 tablespoon spicy mustard
- 1⁄4 cup eggless mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, place in a mug
Directions See How It's Made
- Fire up the George.
- Mix sauce ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Spread the bread slices with some of the sauce,about 1-2 tbsp on both slices.
- Layer with lettuce, tomato, onion, mushrooms,zucchini, olives, then havarti.
- Top with other bread slice.
- Brush sandwich with oil (I use a pastry brush).
- Place on heated George Forman Grill.
- Close top, remove when golden.