Grilled Italian Sausage Panini
This is a variation of Mysterygirl's panini recipe (Recipe #16432) that I came up with when I had a craving for Italian sausage. I must say that it turned out really great, but try it for yourself! Amounts are for one sandwich - just multiply as necessary.
- Ready In:
- 1 hot Italian sausage or 1 sweet Italian sausage, uncooked
- 1 ciabatta bun, split
- 2 -3 slices provolone cheese (depending on size of slices)
- roasted red pepper, to taste (or other toppings)
- Put sausage in small pot and cover with water.
- Bring to boil over high heat.
- Once water boils, prick the sausage with a fork several times so that the grease comes out as it cooks.
- Boil sausage for 5 minutes, or until it looks at least halfway cooked.
- Remove sausage from water, and either rinse it under warm water (there might be some scum on it), or wipe it with a clean paper towel.
- Preheat George Foreman grill.
- Slice sausage in half, lengthwise.
- Place sausage cut-side down on hot grill, and cook until done (about 5 minutes or so).
- Place cheese in bun, then add sausage, and top with roasted red peppers and/or your own favourite additions such as hot banana peppers, marinara sauce, olives, tomatoes, fresh basil, etc, etc.
- Close sandwich and grill in George Foreman until the bread is golden and crispy.
- Cut sandwich in half and enjoy!