Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
This is like the one I used to buy at Ukrops.
- 3 -4 slices havarti with dill
- 2 slices square sourdough bread
- 2 slices white mushrooms
- 2 slices onions
- 3 slices tomatoes, remove the seeds
- 3 slices zucchini or 3 slices cucumbers, remove the seeds
- 1 -2 leaf red leaf lettuce, washed and dried
- 5 -6 sliced black olives
- 1 -2 teaspoon horseradish (I use Helluva Good)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard or 1 tablespoon spicy mustard
- 1⁄4 cup eggless mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, place in a mug
- Fire up the George.
- Mix sauce ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Spread the bread slices with some of the sauce,about 1-2 tbsp on both slices.
- Layer with lettuce, tomato, onion, mushrooms,zucchini, olives, then havarti.
- Top with other bread slice.
- Brush sandwich with oil (I use a pastry brush).
- Place on heated George Forman Grill.
- Close top, remove when golden.
Wow, this is fabulous! I made a few changes to suit my personal tastes and it was still an absolute winner. My changes included: using ciabatta bread, using portabella mushrooms, and omitting the black olives. I also made a different sauce by heating red pepper flakes in olive oil, draining, and then mixing with prepared ranch dressing. The best word for these paninis is YUMMY!
More about this perfect panini it doesn't need any other ingredients; it's perfect as it is, doesn't make you wish for anything else added.