Recipe by JillAZ
from BC Grilling made easy.
Top Review by Smilyn
This recipe sounds amazing, but when we put it together it came out spicier than even my husband could eat. Four chilies with the 2T sauce is way too many for even 6 large sweet potatoes. We had to throw the whole thing out. Next time, we will cut back to just one chili and 1T sauce. I am giving it a three, because even though we threw it out after making it, we will try our modification and believe that it will work. Thanks for a great idea :)
- 6 medium sweet potatoes (the dark orange ones)
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup honey
- 4 chipotle chiles in adobo, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce (from can of chilies)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat grill to medium.
- For sauce: mix honey, chopped chilies and adobo sauce in a small bowl. Set aside.
- For potatoes: scrub potatoes and cut each one lengthwise into 4 or 5 slices.
- Brush both sides with oil.
- Place on grill and sprinkle with salt.
- Cover and grill for 8-10 minutes, turning once and sprinkling the other side with salt.
- Cook until tender.
- Remove and place on a platter. Serve with sauce on the side.