Prep 8 mins
Cook 13 mins
This is a very healthy recipe - found on a Hospital Diet Guide for a Heart healthy diet and to lose weight - however, one would not expect these to be sooooo good!!! My husband who loves steak but isn't so much into mushrooms, went crazy over these - I served them with Black & Blue Steak Burgers (no bread) and a salad, all were grilled outdoors and really a fantastic meal!
- 2⁄3 cup fresh tomato, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary or 1⁄8 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 portabella mushroom caps (5-6 inches in diameter)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- low-fat cooking spray
- Prepare the grill.
- In a small bowl, combine tomatoes, mozzarella, 1/2 teaspoon of the olive oil, rosemary, pepper and garlic.
- Using a spoon, scoop out the gills of the mushroom caps and remove the stems and discard.
- In a small bowl, mix 1/2 teaspoon of the olive oil, lemon juice and soy sauce. Using a pastry brush, brush the soy sauce mixture on both sides of the mushroom caps.
- Grill the caps, stem side down first for 5 minutes on each side or until soft.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of the tomato and cheese mixture into each cap, cover and grill for about 3 minutes or until cheese has melted.
Thank you so much for posting this. I used the recipe loosly because I included bread in the stuffing; however I also do intend to make it again strictly your way. Delicious!
these were so awesome! and they make a great presentaion too!
Very flavorful and healthy choice of stuffed portobello mushrooms. The only change I made was to replace the rosemary with oregano for a more mediterranean style and it turned out great! My husband and I enjoyed this dish last night for dinner...it's very filling too.