This is a very healthy recipe - found on a Hospital Diet Guide for a Heart healthy diet and to lose weight - however, one would not expect these to be sooooo good!!! My husband who loves steak but isn't so much into mushrooms, went crazy over these - I served them with Black & Blue Steak Burgers (no bread) and a salad, all were grilled outdoors and really a fantastic meal!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup fresh tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary or 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 portabella mushroom caps (5-6 inches in diameter)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- low-fat cooking spray
- 1Prepare the grill.
- 2In a small bowl, combine tomatoes, mozzarella, 1/2 teaspoon of the olive oil, rosemary, pepper and garlic.
- 3Using a spoon, scoop out the gills of the mushroom caps and remove the stems and discard.
- 4In a small bowl, mix 1/2 teaspoon of the olive oil, lemon juice and soy sauce. Using a pastry brush, brush the soy sauce mixture on both sides of the mushroom caps.
- 5Grill the caps, stem side down first for 5 minutes on each side or until soft.
- 6Spoon 1/4 cup of the tomato and cheese mixture into each cap, cover and grill for about 3 minutes or until cheese has melted.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (141 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 87.7
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 9.0 mg
- Sodium 182.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 6.0 g