Recipe by Bonnie G #2
A recipe from Taste of Home magazine and with summer grilling season almost here this sound great, the sauce made with fresh herbs guarantees these steaks are the star - they even say that with the fresh tangy and bright flavors, everyone will be piling on the cilantro sauce so you may want to double it
- 2 cups parsley, fresh
- 2 cups cilantro, fresh
- 1 cup mint leaf, fresh
- 8 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon plus 3/4 teaspoon ground pepper, divided
- 2 cups olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 lbs flat iron steaks (or top sirloin steaks, 1 inch thick)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place herbs, garlic, 1 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper in food processor.
- Pulse until herbs are chopped.
- Gradually add oil, vinegar, lemon juice and pepper flakes, processing just until blended.
- Sprinkle steaks with remaining salt and pepper.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare - thermometer should read 145, medium 106, well-done 170).
- Cut steaks into 1/4 inch slices
- Serve with sauce.