1 hr 30 mins
Yummy steak sandwiches with sweet sauteed onions. Freezes easily, kids loved it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small bowl, combine sugar, garlic, course salt and pepper.
- 2Pat steaks dry, brush with oil, and rub with sugar mixture.
- 3Marinate for 30 minutes or overnight.
- 4Meanwhile, cook the sauce: heat 2 Tbsp oil in a large, deep skillet on medium high heat.
- 5Add onions and cook for 10 minutes.
- 6Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes, onions should be very brown.
- 7Add sugar and vinegar and cook gently, adding water as needed until onions are "melted". Season with salt and pepper.
- 8Grill steaks for 4-6 minutes on each side for medium-rare. Let them rest on cutting board.
- 9Slice thinly on the diagonal.
- 10Serve on Ciabatta rolls, top with onions.
- 11To freeze place steaks in freezer safe container at the marinating stage. Freeze onions and rolls separately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Steak Sandwiches With Melted Onion Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 267.5
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 46.4 mg
- Sodium 355.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 24.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: