Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
You can make this with flank steak too. Grill it outside or on an indoor grill (we like our little electric grill).
- 1 cup nonfat yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup peeled chopped cucumber
- 2 teaspoons of fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs steak
- 1 tablespoon steak grilling seasoning
- nonstick cooking spray
- 3 pita breads
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 6 lettuce leaves, shredded
- Combine sauce ingredients; set aside. Preheat grill 5 minutes.
- Coat steak with seasoning, pressing seasoning on steak with back of spoon. Spray both sides of grill with cooking spray. Grill steak 7-8 minutes for medium, 9-10 for done; do not overcook. Remove steak from grill and allow to rest for 3 minutes.
- Slice steak as thinly as possible against the grain. Grill pitas 1 to 2 minutes to warm. Open pita bread and fill with steak, tomatoes, onion, and lettuce; drizzle with sauce. Serve warm or at room temperature.