Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
The salmon is marinated in olive oil, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, onion, and paprika. Very easy to make. I bought six 6 oz salmon steaks and doubled the recipe. Also, instead of grating the onion and ginger I put it in my Cuisinart to save time. Came out excellent.
- 1 lb salmon fillets or 2 salmon steaks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup onion, grated
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (for grill surface)
- Combine marinade ingredients
- Cover salmon with marinade and let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes. Flip salmon over after 10 minutes to marinade the salmon equally.
- Cook on uncovered grill, directly over medium coals for approx 7 minutes each side. Baste with remaining marinade throughout grilling.
- Note--When grilling salmon flip with spatula.
Made this tonight for Mother's Day and there were 8 very pleased people. It was delicious. I served it with my lemon rice and Janine's Southwestern black bean salad. I had to increase the recipe obviously for more servings and I had lots of marinade to baste with. Thanks for posting JohnP84! *Made this again for our friends, Geoff and Jane, tonight and Geoff had 3 portions! I sprinkled some powdered ginger on top of the salmon too this time for fun. P.S.-Jane asked for the recipe! Thanks again!
I just made this recipe and it was fabulous! The marinade was delicious. Best salmon I've ever made and my husband never eats fish and he loves this dish!
I followed the recipe but didn't grill the fish. I put it in the oven at 350 for 21 minutes and it came out wonderful. I did not let it cook in the marinade. I had it marinating for 20 minutes then transferred the fish to a pan to put in the oven. It turned out like something better than a restaurant would serve! Thanks for sharing the recipe, JohnP84.