Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Fit for a king.
- 907.18 g shrimp, washed, peeled, deveined (extra large or jumbo)
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml cajun seasoning
- 1 lime, halved
- 14.79 ml unsalted butter
- 29.58 ml green onions, sliced thin
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- 78.07 ml hot sauce (Louisiana or Frank's not Tabasco Brand)
- 473.18 ml heavy whipping cream
- thin sliced green onion (to garnish)
- lime (to garnish)
- In a bowl mix the Cajun seasoning, the juice of 1/2 of the lime and olive oil. Toss in the shrimp and coat evenly. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the green onions, garlic and cayenne; cook until tender, about 2 minutes. Add the hot sauce and continue to cook on medium high heat until reduced by 1/2. Add the heavy cream and the juice of the remaining lime half and bring to a boil. Quickly reduce heat to medium low and allow to simmer until reduced by 1/3. Be careful not to allow the cream mixture to boil over. Salt to taste.
- Heat grill to medium high heat. Grill shrimp on prepared skewers or on grill sheet just until opaque, turning only once. About 2 – 4 minutes per side depending on the size of the shrimp and your grill. Shrimp cook very quickly, so be careful and better to pull them off sooner than later.
- Assemble shrimp onto individual serving plates, drizzle with the cayenne lime cream and garnish with additional lime wedges, chopped green onions and an additional dash of Cajun seasoning, if desired. .
This was great, and super easy! I replaced the cajusn seasoning with a homemade chili powder blend, but otherwise made as written. We all loved the sauce, even the picky eaters! It was creamy, and had good pepper flavor without being terribly spicy. The lime added a nice touch at the end. We had two diners at the table who don't like shrimp and had chicken instead- they loved the sauce as well. A nice versatile recipe, thanks for posting! Made for ZWT7- Emerald City Shakers
Oh yeah, this was just peachy! or shrimpy! I was worried that the sauce would be too hot/spicy, but it was perfect. I would give this more than 5 stars if I could! Served with grilled veggie and couscous. Thanks Gailanng! made for ZWT7 - Count Dracula and His Hot Bites