- 1 lb large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 4 portabella mushroom caps (1 pound)
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grape tomatoes or 1⁄2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup basil leaves, sliced (or 1 tablespoon dried basil)
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes.
- Prepare grill or preheat broiler.
- Thread shrimp onto skewers.
- Brush shrimp and portabellas with 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- In a small bowl whisk together the remaining oil (3 tablespoons) with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Add tomatoes and basil to dressing and set aside.
- Place portabellas and shrimp onto grill (or on broiler rack) and grill until shrimp is cooked, turning once ( 3-5 minutes). Remove shrimp from skewers and add to dressing.
- Continue cooking portabellas until softened (3-5 minutes longer).
- Place portabellas, smooth side down, on serving plates (or platter) and spoon shrimp/tomato mixture onto caps. Garnish with basil, if desired.