BLUE ROSE's Note:
This recipe came from Chef Bruce Lefebvre. Serve this over GRITS along with a nice salad. If you are not found of grits you might want to concider a nice brown rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1To make sauce: Glaze make about 1 cup.
- 2In a heavy bottom saucepan over medium heat, stir in brown sugar until it's camalized or melted.
- 3Add the 3 Tb of water to stop teh cooking process. Add teh remaining ingredients to the saucepan and cook for 10 to 15 minutes until syrupy.
- 4Remove from the heat and ladle the hot mixture into a blender. Puree the mixture until smooth.
- 5Season with salt and white pepper to taste.
- 6To make shrimp:.
- 7Place the shrimp on a hot grill and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on one side.
- 8Flip the shrimp and cook for another minute.
- 9Brush each shrimp with a gererous amount of the peach glaze, place the cover down and allow to cook for a minute.
- 10To serve, portion equal amounts of the grits on 6 plates.
- 11Take the remaining glaze, add a bit of water until it is the consistency of sauce and drizzle around the shrimp.
- 12Garnish with cinnamon basil if you like.
- 13Tip~ If you use smaller shrimp, place them on a wooden skewer before cooking to prevent them from falling between the grill slots.
Browse Our Top Pitted Fruits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pitted Fruits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Shrimp With Peach Ginger Glaze and Cinnamon Basil Grits
Serving Size: 1 (111 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 138.3
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 31.9 mg
- Sodium 39.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 22.4 g
- Protein 4.9 g