Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe came from Chef Bruce Lefebvre. Serve this over GRITS along with a nice salad. If you are not found of grits you might want to concider a nice brown rice.
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 cups diced peaches, skined and removed
- 3 tablespoons Bourbon
- white pepper
- 18 extra large shrimp, peeled with tails on
- To make sauce: Glaze make about 1 cup.
- In a heavy bottom saucepan over medium heat, stir in brown sugar until it's camalized or melted.
- Add the 3 Tb of water to stop teh cooking process. Add teh remaining ingredients to the saucepan and cook for 10 to 15 minutes until syrupy.
- Remove from the heat and ladle the hot mixture into a blender. Puree the mixture until smooth.
- Season with salt and white pepper to taste.
- To make shrimp:.
- Place the shrimp on a hot grill and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on one side.
- Flip the shrimp and cook for another minute.
- Brush each shrimp with a gererous amount of the peach glaze, place the cover down and allow to cook for a minute.
- To serve, portion equal amounts of the grits on 6 plates.
- Take the remaining glaze, add a bit of water until it is the consistency of sauce and drizzle around the shrimp.
- Garnish with cinnamon basil if you like.
- Tip~ If you use smaller shrimp, place them on a wooden skewer before cooking to prevent them from falling between the grill slots.
This was just great. I wasn't sure about the Cinnamon Basil because I had never seen it before, then I found it at a Organic Nursery in town. Bought it and planted in my herb garden. What a great addtion.