Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Recipe courtesy of Sandra Lee. Looked so simple for the Holidays coming up I wanted to put it here for safe keeping.
- 2 (4 ounce) containers tropical fruit salad, drained (about 1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 1 small jalapeno, ribs removed, seeded and minced
- kosher salt
- 24 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1 (8 ounce) bag shredded coconut
- wooden skewer, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- For mango salsa: Chop drained fruit into small pieces. Combine the fruit and remaining salsa ingredients in a bowl and refrigerate until chilled.
- For the shrimp: Place coconut on baking sheet. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes, or until coconut turns light brown. Set aside.
- Spear 3 shrimp on each bamboo skewer.
- Heat a ridged grill pan over medium-high heat and spray with cooking spray. Place shrimp skewers on grill pan. Cook shrimp for 2 minutes per side or until shrimp turns pink. Place shredded coconut on serving plate. Remove shrimp from skewers and place on top of coconut.
- Place salsa in a decorative bowl and serve with shrimp skewers immediately.