Recipe by GakonaBaby
Being an Alaskan, I am always looking for new ways to prepare salmon. I came up with this recipe and have had people who don't even like salmon tell me it's good. We usually cook this on our grill but I have done it in the oven also and it has turned out just as good. Practically within throwing distance of the Copper River, I prefer Copper River red salmon, however, silver and king salmon work great as well!
Top Review by Mary Kay W.
We used this recipe for Lake Trout and it was AMAZING! The seasonings were beyond delicious and the vegetables were well cooked, yet still crisp. The fillet we used was 1.75 lbs. We grilled it in the foil for 15 mins. on each side on medium heat and actually ended up putting it back on the grill for an additional 15 minutes on med.-high (45 mins. in all) and it was perfect. I think I would error on the side of overcooking it a little as the juices from the cooking vegetables keep the fish moist regardless. All in all, it's one of out new favorite recipes!
- 2 -16 ounces fresh salmon fillets
- 4 -6 cups total chopped vegetables, zucchini, onion, bell pepper, mushroom, tomato
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse and pat dry salmon filets. Season with a little lemon pepper and salt.
- Oil large sheet of heavy duty aluminum foil.
- Mix vegetables and remaining ingredients (except cheeses) in large bowl. Combine well.
- Place filets on foil and cover with vegetable mixture. Place a few pats of butter on top. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover with another large sheet of foil (also oiled to prevent cheese from sticking)and seal edges. Double wrap with foil (if using grill).
- Grill 10-15 minutes per side at medium heat, or bake at 375 about 30 minutes.
- Dish is done when fish flakes and vegetables are cooked but still firm.