Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Its Strawberry season!!! My friend served this last weekend and everyone raved about it, said the flavors were wonderful. My hubby decided we should make this for company this weekend, and I thought I'd share my neighbor's recipe with my friends at Zaar. (I have not personally prepared this dish yet). Prep time does not include 1 hour chilling time. Cook time does not include the time to prepare the charcoal grill.
- 6 skinless salmon fillet (or fish of your choice)
- 1 English cucumbers or 1 seedless cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, cut into strips
- 3 -4 tablespoons seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and diced small
- 1⁄4 lb butter, unsalted
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Mix together cucumbers, green onion, yellow pepper, cilanto and vinegar.
- Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving add strawberries.
- In small sauce pan over low heat, melt butter with garlic.
- Stir in honey, soy sauce and lemon juice.
- Cook 2 minutes, then set aside.
- Prepare charcoal grill.
- When coals are ready, oil a fish grilling rack.
- Brush sauce on salmon pieces and place on well-oiled rack.
- Place rack over coals (about 4 inches from heat).
- Grill salmon about 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Brush fish with sauce after turning, and again when done.
- Place grilled fish on warm platter and top with salsa.
Great recipe - I didn't have rice wine vinegar so I used a mix of some red and white wine vinegars, and I added lime juice to the salsa. Overall dish was great flavor combinations and very fresh and light with the salsa. Will make this again for sure.
Really tasty and fresh!
Really great! The salsa looked so good on top of my salmon, I felt like we were at a fancy restaurant! The only change I made was to add 1 Tbsp balsamic to the salsa (along with the rice vinegar), it was the zip I was looking for! Company was impressed, thanks for a great dish!