Recipe by lazyme
Great salad from Bon Appetit. Time includes 2 hours for marinating. A Pacific NW favorite.
Top Review by susie cooks
This was a very refreshing salad. I cut back on the olive oil and added a little more balsamic. I love balsamic vinegar! I also love olives and capers so I knew this would be a great salad. The salmon came out perfect. The tomatoes and zucchini came from my garden. It was 100 degrees yesterday so this salad was perfect because it is light and refreshing. Thanks!
- 1 1⁄4 cups olive oil
- 6 tablespoons lime juice
- 24 ounces salmon fillets, 1-inch thick
- 3 small tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small carrot, julienned
- 1 small zucchini, julienned
- 1⁄4 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons green olives, pitted, sliced
- 1 tablespoon basil, minced
- 1 tablespoon tarragon, minced
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 10 cups mixed baby greens
- 2 heads Belgian endive, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix 1/2 cup oil and lime juice in small bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Place salmon in ziplock bag and pour marinade over salmon. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours, turning once.
- Combine 3/4 cup oil, tomatoes, carrot, zucchini, parsley, vinegar, olives, basil, tarragon, and capers in bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Dressing can be prepared 2 hours ahead; cover and let stand at room temperature).
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat) or preheat broiler. Grill salmon until just cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Toss greens and endive with enough vegetable dressing to coat. Divide among 6 plates. Place salmon atop greens. Spoon additional vegetable dressing over and serve.