Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
We love these sandwiches for an easy dinner and always serve them with tatertots. It's a really yummy combination and the salsa that we either dunk the sandwich in or spread right on top of it is what really makes it great.
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 2 tablespoons salad dressing (don't sub. mayo)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 10 slices deli rye bread
- 5 slices swiss cheese
- 1 lb italian style roast beef, thin sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- salsa or picante sauce (optional)
- Combine chilies, salad dressing and mustard; spread about 1T on one side of each slice of bread.
- Top one half of the bread with one slice of cheese and some roast beef.
- (as much as you like per sandwich) Cover with remaining bread slices to complete sandwich.
- Butter the outsides of bread.
- Grill sandwiches on a griddle or large skillet over medium heat until golden brown on each side and cheese has melted.
- Slice and serve with salsa.
These are really good but my recipe calls for real mayonnaise and not salad dressing. Kids loved these and ask for them all the time. These also work on the grill ~ just watch carefully.