Recipe by ellie_
Very simple way to grill tasty ribs without precooking in the oven. Recipe source: Gourmet Magazine
Top Review by Baby Kato
What a wonderful flavour...we enjoyed our babyback ribs this way. I halved the recipe but only used an 1/8th of a cup of salt. It was raining so I baked them in the oven at 325 for 2 hrs. They turned out beautifully, tender, moist, juicy and hot...very spicy, but oh so good...thanks so much for sharing ellie. I can't wait to try this on the bbq.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs pork spareribs, trimmed of excess fat and scored between ribs
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare grill using charcoal and hickory wood chips or preheat gas grill to low.
- Combine first four ingredients (sugar - pepper) in a bowl and rub all over ribs.
- Let the ribs stand a room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Put ribs on grill grate, skirt side down, cover and slow cook until brown.
- Turn and cook the second side until brown and ribs are done(approximately 2 hours).