Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 2 -4 boneless rib-eye steaks
- 2 large red onions, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄3 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Combine all ingredients except steak and onions.
- Place steak in plastic zip lock bag and pour marinade over.
- Marinate in refrigerator 4 hours or overnight-- turning the bag and smushing the herbs into the meat.
- Pour excess marinade into skillet; add onions and cook until tender while grilling steaks.
Sorry this didn't do it for me. I only used half the Balsamic vinegar and it was still so overpowering that I couldn't tell that I was eating steak. I like to taste what I'm eating especially rib eye. Maybe I will try it again using just a tablespoon of Balsamic vinegar and half of the other ingredients.
These steaks were delicous. Marinated the steaks for only 2 hours and still was great. Thanks for posting Annie
We had a "throw-down" ala Bobby Flay at the house...I used this marinade and won! This was just delicious! I didn't have any red onions, so did the marinade only. I also only had time to marinate for 2 hours...it was still great! Try this, you won't be disappointed. Thanks for posting Annie!