Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My Husband loved this. The flavors bend well and oh my it was easy.
Make and share this Grilled Ratatouille Sandwich With Olive Tapenade recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup deli-style mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, pitted and chopped
- 1⁄2 small eggplant
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 large red onion
- 2 large ripe plum tomatoes
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 sourdough baguette, cut lengthwise in half (12-inch)
- Combine olive oil, mustard, rosemary and garlic in small bowl.
- Place olives in food processor; add 2 tablespoons mustard mixture.
- Cover and process until smooth; set aside.
- Reserve remaining mustard mixture.
- Cut eggplant and zucchini lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- Cut onion and tomatoes crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- Cut red bell pepper lengthwise into 2-inch-wide pieces; discard seeds.
- Place vegetables on platter.
- Baste with reserved mustard mixture.
- Place vegetables on oiled grid or in vegetable basket.
- Grill over medium-high heat 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender, basting and turning once.
- To serve, scoop out a little of the inside cut surface of the baguette, if necessary, to make room for the filling.
- Spread olive mixture on both surfaces of bread.
- Layer vegetables on bottom half of bread; cover with top half.
- Cut crosswise into 4 portions.