Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
My Husband loved this. The flavors bend well and oh my it was easy.
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup deli-style mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, pitted and chopped
- 1⁄2 small eggplant
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 large red onion
- 2 large ripe plum tomatoes
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 sourdough baguette, cut lengthwise in half (12-inch)
- Combine olive oil, mustard, rosemary and garlic in small bowl.
- Place olives in food processor; add 2 tablespoons mustard mixture.
- Cover and process until smooth; set aside.
- Reserve remaining mustard mixture.
- Cut eggplant and zucchini lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- Cut onion and tomatoes crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- Cut red bell pepper lengthwise into 2-inch-wide pieces; discard seeds.
- Place vegetables on platter.
- Baste with reserved mustard mixture.
- Place vegetables on oiled grid or in vegetable basket.
- Grill over medium-high heat 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender, basting and turning once.
- To serve, scoop out a little of the inside cut surface of the baguette, if necessary, to make room for the filling.
- Spread olive mixture on both surfaces of bread.
- Layer vegetables on bottom half of bread; cover with top half.
- Cut crosswise into 4 portions.