Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Wonderful. Prep time does not include marinating time.
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 (1 lb) pork tenderloin
- commercial salsa
- lime wedge
- Combine fresh lime juice, soy sauce, oregano, and thyme in a shallow comtainer or zip-top bag.
- Add tenderloin, turning to coat evenly.
- Cover or seal, and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Remove tenderloin from marinade.
- Grill, covered, 6 inches from hot coals for 25 minutes or until done, turning and basting once.
- To serve, thinly slice tenderloin, and arrange slices on a serving platter.
- Serve with salsa and lime wedges.
Split decision in our household over this recipe. I found it zesty and flavorful;my hubby found it too strong for his palate. Strangely, he thought the oregano & thyme were overwhelming. But since I'm doing the rating I will give this recipe high marks in the "Nice Change of Pace" category. To temper the taste to please my husband, I will cut back on the oregano and either serve over brown rice or slice into strips and wrap in pita bread with a heaping tablespoon of homemade salsa. I'm happy I gave this recipe a try. Thank you!