Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
We loved these simple-to-make grilled pork chops (original recipe in Sizzle It - a Weight Watchers cookbook) which we served with grilled potatoes. The original recipe used nectarines but I used peaches with wonderful results. If following the WW flex plan this is 5 points (1 pork chop with 2 peach/nectarine halves).
- 14.79 ml orange zest, grated
- 9.85 ml fennel seeds, crushed
- 4.92 ml dried rosemary (or 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary)
- 4.92 ml olive oil
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 4 (680.38 g) pork chops (I used boneless pork chops, but the original recipe suggests bone-in pork chops that are 3/4 inch th)
- 4 peaches, halved and pitted (see note in description)
- Spray the grill racks with Pam and preheat grill to medium high.
- Prepare herb rub by mixing together first 6 ingredients (orange zest - pepper) in a small cup or bowl until mixture forms a paste. Rub pork chops with mixture.
- Place chops on grill and grill until pork chops are done (160-degrees F if using a meat thermometer) about 5-10 minutes per side depending on the thickness of your chops and desired doneness. Transfer to a platter and keep warm.
- Meanwhile spray the cut sides of the peaches (or nectarines - see note in description) with Pam. Place cut side down on grill, turning until tender and marked with grill lines (4-5 minutes per side -- I put my peach halves on the grill while the pork chops were cooking (after I turned the chops over) so everything was done at the same time.).
Wow this is good! We really enjoyed the different flavor of these pork chops. The peaches complimented the dish, but it is really not necessary. I think the rub would also work great on chicken. I made as posted using the dried rosemary. Thanks ellie for posting.