This is from Good Housekeeping's Quick & Simple magazine May 27, 2008
Make and share this Grilled Pitas With Caramelized Onions and Goat Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- In a large nonstick skillet, warm 2 tablespoons of the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onions, sugar, salt, and cook stirring frequently, until onions are very soft, about 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring often until onions are golden brown, about 20 minutes longer.
- Preheat grill.
- In a cup stir together the remaining 2 tablespoons oil, tarragon, and thyme.
- Brush cut sides of pitas with the herb mixture.
- Sprinkle the goat cheese crumbs over the pitas and top with the caramelized onions.
- Place pitas on grill rack over low heat, and grill until bottoms are crisp and topping is heated through, about 3 minutes.
- To serve sprinkle with parsley and cut into wedges.