Prep 25 mins
Cook 12 mins
Great with a baked potato and salad.
- 2 tablespoons cracked peppercorns
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 (1/2 lb) beef t-bone steaks (about 3 pounds) or 6 (1/2 lb) rib eye steaks, 3/4 to 1 inch thick (about 3 pounds)
- 3 medium onions, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat. Make Pepper Rub by mixing peppercorns, thyme leaves, ground cumin and garlic salt.
- Lightly brush oil on both sides of beef.
- Press rub mixture onto both sides of beef. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Lightly brush oil on onion slices. Cover and grill beef and onions 4 to 5 inches from medium-high heat 10 to 12 minutes, turning once, until beef is medium doneness.
- Brush honey on onions. Serve onions with beef.