Grilled Pepper Steak and Mozzarella on Baguette
photo by Mary Jenny
- Ready In:
- Preheat grill to medium-high and grease grates well. Pat steaks dry with paper towel, and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill steak for 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium rare, or cook to your liking. Let steak rest for 10 minutes.
- Toss red onion slices with olive oil. Grill onions for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until tender. Once steak has rested, slice thinly against the grain.
- Grill baguette cut side down for 30 seconds, or until lightly marked. Spread tapenade on half of the baguette slices and place Mozzarellissima slices on the remaining. Grill, covered, for 1 minute, or until cheese starts to melt.
- Sandwich steak, onion, tomato and arugula between toasted baguette with tapenade and cheese. Serve immediately.
- You can find more recipes and a chance to win $10,000 in prizes at fb.com/saputo.ca.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!