Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Serve as a starter or to accompany a meal. Suitable to freeze before grilling.
- 1⁄3 cup pitted black olives, sliced
- 3 tablespoons fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 small red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vegetable stock powder
- 1 large french breadstick
- Place all ingredients, except bread stick, into your food processor or blender. Process until smooth.
- Cut bread stick into slices.
- Spread an even amount of paste over the top of each slice.
- Place under grill or broiler until lightly browned.
Delicious! I love the olive taste. For the veg powder I used soup seasoning. Thanks! Made for the Australian Swap-April-2009.
I absolutely loved it, so did all my friends that I served this excellent appetizer! I used mini french bread and I follow the recipe but at last I added some extra regato light cheese. Broil for 8 minutes and served with fresh tomato slices. The olives made the bread moist and the spices were so good. Its a 5 star recipe and a keeper. Thanks for posting!
Delicious bread and very easy to make! This was a perfect accompaniment to grilled steak, one I'll be making again. My red onion was not as mild as they normally are so the onion flavour was a little strong. My mini-processor did not want to puree the mixture either, but I really liked the chopped appearance. I think next time I will saute the onion and garlic in a little olive oil before chopping with the olives to mellow the flavour. Good quality olives are a must. All that said, this recipe is a must for olive lovers...DH finished off 4 slices while I ate my first. Thank you, Jewelies!