Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is an easy salad to make and can be planned a day ahead. Prep time does not include overnight marinade.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups marsala wine
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 head romaine lettuce
- 1⁄4 large red onion, sliced thin
- 1⁄4 cup black olives, sliced
- Place chicken in a bowl with a lid, add marsala to cover.
- Add garlic, thyme, salt& pepper.
- Marinate in fridge overnight.
- Grill chicken (indoor or outdoor grill), basting often with marinade.
- Dressing: mix olive oil, vinegar, and parmesan.
- Toss shredded lettuce, red onion, and olives.
- Drizzle with dressing and top with slices of grilled chicken.
Allison, What a beautiful and absolutely delicious salad this is.It is a meal by itself,great for a lunch.Even my husband likes this. Thanks, Darlene Summers