Recipe by dragonpawz
Got this recipe from a friend and I found it so hard to believe that I had to try it! Was the BEST linguine and clam sauce I have ever tasted! VERY easy. And you can cook and serve in the same pan!
Top Review by Mrs Spanky
I made this on the stove instead of on the grill, and used penne instead of linguini because that is what I had on hand. We loved it and I will make it again! I did take the clams out and discard the shells and cut the larger clams into smaller pieces just to make it easier to eat.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 (12 ounce) cans low sodium chicken broth
- salt and pepper
- 2 1⁄2 dozen littleneck clams
- 1 (16 ounce) box linguine, cooked just short of al dente
- 1⁄2 cup grated pecorino romano cheese
- hot red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat grill to high. Place a large aluminum baking pan directly on grate. In the pan place butter and chopped onion and saute, stirring frequently until onion is translucent.
- Add the garlic,half the parsley, and half the basil and saute for a few minutes more until the garlic just starts to turn color.
- Add wine, 1 can of the chicken broth, salt and pepper and the clams. Lower heat to medium, close the grill checking every few minutes and tossing the clams around for about 15 to 20 minutes, until clams open.
- Add pasta the remainder of the parsley, basil, and broth, grated cheese and shake in as much hot pepper flakes to the heat you desire.
- Mix well,close the grill and cook a few minutes more untill everything is heated through.