Cheap & Easy Clam Sauce for Pasta
photo by teresas
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon basil (or fresh parsley)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced (optional)
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can chopped clams (reserve juice)
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 -3 tablespoon milk (optional) or 1 -3 tablespoon half-and-half (optional)
- Heat olive oil in small pan, and add garlic and the optional onions. Cook on medium about 3 minutes or until tender and lightly browned.
- Stir in the basil or parsley (or both or other spices) and optional red pepper flakes.
- Add the drained juice from the can of clams.
- Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat to low allowing to simmer about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the clams and the butter. Once butter is melted, add the optional milk or half and half and cook until heated through.
- Serve over spaghetti or linguine or other favorite pasta.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!