Recipe by Kate in Katoomba
Easy to prepare and cook, this recipe is delicious.
Top Review by Bergy
For flavor this is a 5 for sure. I had 2 problems with the instructions (probably just me) I didn't understand if you cooked them in the shell or removed the shell when you deveined the prawn. Also I wasn't sure if you used only the zest from the lemon or the whole lemon - I opted for the whole lemon and the shell off the prawn - This is do again recipe for sure - we enjoyed them very much
- 18 fresh green king prawns
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 red chilies, finely diced
- 2 lemons, zested
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- lime wedge, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove prawn heads and cut away the legs, then slit the backs of the prawns lengthwise with a sharp knife.
- Devein, then place the prawns in a bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix to combine.
- Set aside for one hour to marinate.
- Preheat BBQ or grill to high, add prawns to the flat plate (or if using the grill place prawns on a flat heat proof tray) and cook for 5 minutes, adding some marinade, until cooked.
- Serve with lime wedges.