Tunisian Grilled Prawns
photo by teresas
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 5mins
- 24 raw shrimp
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, Freshly chopped
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges
- Clean and shell shrimp, leaving tails intact. Place in a single layer in a shallow flameproof dish.
- Place the remaining ingredients, apart from the lemon wedges, in a small mixing bowl and mix well then pour over the prawns, cover with clingfilm and leave to marinate for 20 minutes up to 2 hours, turning from time to time.
- Preheat the grill to hot then grill the prawns for 4-5 minutes until they turn pink , turning a few times during the cooking period and brushing with the marinade every time you turn them. Serve immediately garnished with the lemon wedges.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Both the hubby and I thought this was good...but the cumin was very overpowering...that's was the only flavor we tasted...because we enjoy the taste of shrimp we were a bit disappointed that it was on the back burner...the directions say to pour the mixture over the shrimp...there was nothing to pour...it was a paste after mixing all the ingredients together...even though this wasn't to our liking it was a pleasure to make...Made for "FYC" tag game...
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a very lucky lady. I recently moved to a very small town in New Brunswick, Canada with my wonderful husband who is my best friend. Very fortunate to have a cherished son, wonderful daughter in law and adorable granddaughter and cute wee grandson. We are very blessed. A big thank you to everyone that has made my recipes... hope you enjoyed them.