Potato Salad With Lemon, Garlic and Pastrami
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 8 medium yukon gold potatoes, cut in half and peeled if you like
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons garlic, pressed
- kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, very finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, very finely chopped
- 1⁄4 lb pastrami, shaved at the deli counter
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- Place the potatoes in a large pot of cold water. Bring the water to a boil, add 1 tbs of kosher salt then lower the heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are barely tender when pierced with a knife.
- Drain the potatoes in a colander, then place the colander with the potatoes over the empty pot off the heat and cover with a clean, dry kitchen towel. Leave the potatoes to steam for 15 minutes, until tender but firm.
- Whisk together lemon juice, zest, olive oil, pressed garlic, salt and pepper together in a LARGE bowl.
- Dice the warm potatoes, add to the lemon mixture and toss gently to coat.
- Blend the vinegar, mustard, mayonnaise and herbs in a separate bowl.
- Add the celery, onion, pastrami and eggs to the potato mixture.
- Toss the vinegar blend over the potato salad and fold in gently until combined.
- Chill overnight.
- Bring to room temperature, toss and taste before serving. You might want to add a little more salt and pepper, depending on your taste.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!